Tuesday, March 16, 2010

TWO...MORE...SLEEPS!!

March 15, 2009, God said this to me:

"God is not a man that He should lie. He is not a human, that He should change His mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has He ever promised and not carried it through?" Numbers 23:19

It's March 16, 2010 and in TWO MORE SLEEPS, I will see a promise fulfilled with my very own eyes! And so will you!

I spoke with the worker yesterday and she said Emma will be here sometime Thursday evening. (March 18) This is just three weeks after we went to court, six weeks since we recieved the phone call from Raychel.

When the Phillips get a baby...you know...the DHS way...the very first thing we do is give them a bath! (Actually, that was one of the first things I did with my bios, too! I need them to have our scent I guess!) I cannot wait to get my hands on that baby fro that Emma has on her head! And smother her with pink baby lotion! And rock her while she sucks her thumb!! OH MY GOODNESS!!

I cannot begin to tell you how easy this has been. I have NEVER had DHS go this smoothly. I don't know why I am surprised...God told me to sit back and let Him do this. And can I just tell you how much better it is this way???

I haven't shared this with you until now, but I believe it is just another sign that God has been in this entire story. (Not that there is any doubt...but...) Back in August when we pretty much gave up on Emma coming home with us, ever, I remember a still small voice saying "March". That was all. There wasn't anything else like, "Hey sister, I'm gonna give you your baby back in March, so hang in there." Or "Hey chica, I'm going to take care of your financial worries in March, so just be still." (Patrick got a raise and a bonus in a time when many are losing their jobs or taking pay cuts.) I have remembered that, and have had a peace about it all since August. Now, I'm not saying I never got anxious or frustrated, but in my spirit, I knew we would have answers in March. Isn't God good?

On the morning of court, I was pretty nervous. DHS court has always made me nervous, but this time was different. I had my phone playing my Pandora station and a song by Crystal Lewis came on that I had not heard before. I can't tell you how many times God has spoken to me through music...it's as if He is speaking to me face to face sometimes!

Trust Me

Close your eyes
Take a step
It's okay
I know where we're going

Don't fret
I've been before
through these valleys
down these long and dangerous roads
yet dark as they seem

Trust me
though you can't see
you can trust me
the way may be steep
you can trust me
let me lead....trust me

Open your eyes
but don't let go of my hand
let your tears give way to smiles
see the joy inside the trial

Don't worry, you're safe with me around
rest assured I'm on your side
I won't let you hit the ground
but close as it seems...

It's true that what's in front of you
isn't always clear
but you must believe it in your heart
that I'm here...I'm here.

Next post...Emma Claire...for keeps!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

So, so entirely happy for you and your family, Tracy! Can't wait to see Emma. What a blessed little child....and what a blessing to your family! Thanks for the post.
Eager with you,
Rebecca

Sara said...

Yeahhhhh! Can you hearing me screaming from here?? I can't wait to see God's promises fulfilled... it will bring my heart joy... I need that, thanks for your prayers friend. Can't wait to see Emma!
Sara