Thursday, May 7, 2009

"For He remembered His sacred promise..."

The verse of the day on the sidebar of my blog today was this:

“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

That was much easier for me this morning than it turned out to be this afternoon. I got the phone call that told us the baby we thought was Emma will be moved to another foster home...the home that has her brothers. They want to have her moved by the end of May, but said we could take her on our trip with us.

Part of me wants them to come and get her right now, and let us get on with our lives, but the other part of me wants to sit back and enjoy as much of her as we can, and let God work. To say we are heartbroken would be an understatement. But as I said when I first told you about this baby, is that we were not given any guarantees that we would get to keep this baby. It just felt so right...all the pieces fell into place easily, God's hand was all over the placement, she was/is a perfect fit.

"His ways are not our ways."

As I was reading my Bible this afternoon, God spoke to me clearly. I read about Hannah and how she prayed for a child out of great anguish and sorrow, and was told to "Cheer up! May the God of Israel grant the request you have asked of Him." And then, "the Lord remembered her request". He remembered Hannah and gave her a son, her heart's desire. Remember, Hannah promised this boy, Samuel, to God. She gave him to God for His purposes. And the Bible says, "Before they returned home, Eli would bless Elkanah and his wife (Hannah) and say, 'May the Lord give you other children to take the place of this one she gave to the Lord.'" Hannah had FIVE more children. Not only did God answer Hannah's prayer, but He blessed her beyond measure!

I can't tell you how God's Word spoke to me today. In the Psalms, I read "for He remembered His sacred promise." God promised me Emma. He remembers me. He has not forgotten me.

At the VERY least, this 6 week old baby did NOT spend her first two weeks of life alone in the NICU. She did NOT have to go to a shelter. She has known love, compassion, and the warmth of a family. She was/is a source of hope for us. No matter the outcome, it was a miracle that our home has remained open and that we were priveleged to love on her for however long God chooses.

Please pray for God's will in Emma's life. And ours. Pray for those mom's this weekend who have lost children...or have never had the opportunity to have them. Mother's Day used to be a source of joy...now it's just another reminder that someone is missing.

On a brighter note, Samara and Josiah will become "forever Phillips" tomorrow at 11am. Also, I have been told that as soon as Emma moves from our home, they will place us with another foster baby. I am thankful, as always, for the distractions.

5 comments:

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Giving thanks in all circumstances...and continuing to hold our friends the Phillips family up before the Throne of Grace.

Kristy said...

I'm so imspired by your Love for God, your faithfullness, and your desire to share what God speaks and shows you you truly amaze me. Last night as I was trying to prepare myself to fall asleep I opened the journal I kept while going throught the first year an half of foster parenting Aaron maybe someday I will make a book out of it, but it brought memories back to me even though only a year in half ago you forget some of the day to day feelings you go through as a fosterparent for me I forgot just how much I anguished over not knowing when my baby was going to leave us and the pain in my words of how heart broken I felt when I thought that he wouldn't be with us forever. As you say in your posts God knows the why and how it's just up to us to be obiedent or not. So excited for today for you on your adoption congrats!!!!!

MJ said...

I can so relate to this post. I also had a premie baby girl for awhile and they moved her to be with her siblings. I am glad you had this time with her and she could bond with a loving family. Our little girl was in the hospital for 30 days without anyone, except nurses of couse.
It was so hard. I too thought, I wish they would just move her now and be done with it.
All in God's plan and timing I soon realized that there was another prayer he would answer. I got a sibling group of four as a legal risk placement in Jan of 2008 and by us taking them, they could all stay together. Our Adoption Day was in March of this year.
Happy Adoption Day!!! I hope all went well today!!!

joan said...

WELCOME (officially) Samara and Josiah Phillips!

Tracy,
remembering God's promises w/you and praying for His will in Emma's and your lives these next days...
love & prayers!

Al's World said...

Tracey, I am so sorry, so very sorry. But I am glad that she had you to love on her, bond with her and care for her, she will always be a part of your heart and your family, and you will continue to be in my prayers!

Happy Gotcha day Samara and Josiah!!