Monday, June 1, 2009

"My grace is sufficient"

"My grace is sufficient for you, for MY strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Today I was weak. For the past 4 days, I have been trying to figure out what the best plan would be as far as housing for "E". It has been a major source of stress for me because I really did not have any direction or leading from God. There are SO many options and I have only known this woman for a few days. UGH!

So, this morning I just laid it out there while I was making my bed. "God, I cannot do this. I just cannot. I don't know how to do this and I don't want to do this. This is not something I am comfortable with or know anything about. I know that You are in control of this and that You already have a plan. You are going to have to do this. I mean, I've seen you do things like this before, right? I cannot do this alone, so it's Your's."

Yesterday, I had emailed a maternity home that Molly (http://shockleyfamily.blogspot.com/) had given me and about 30 minutes after that prayer, they called. We are 90% sure that "E" will be moving there on Friday. Please pray everything works out for this to happen. They will be able to give her the help and support that she needs.

God showed His strength today, in my weakness.

5 comments:

joan said...

Remember God's called you and therefore He's going to equip you w/everything you need from Him.
praying for the right housing for "E" (and baby)

love and prayers(always)

Molly said...

Yahoo! Did I mention that this is where our birthmama Mandy was with both boys? So it holds such special memories for us!

Please let me know if you need anything because I am seriously about a mile from the home. I would love to help out in any way that I can. We are the body and maybe since I am so close I can be the hands for you!

Al's World said...

I have been without a computer and we are in San Antonio, so I am a little late in all your news. I love you and am praying God's hand over it all, you are in my prayers, "E" is in my prayers and her newborn little child is in my prayers...take care friend, and hopefully I can keep updated while we are gone..:)

Al's World said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristy said...

With you in prayer. Kristy