Saturday, December 27, 2008

God is speaking...

The Phillips had a very nice Christmas. To say it was hard with Jacob would be an understatement, but I choose joy. I had joy. I have joy. I watched my children as they passed out the gifts they had bought for each other...they did enjoy receiving, but each of them was more anxious to give. Hallelujah, God can speak to and teach them in spite of me.

I am relieved to be finished with Christmas. Next year will be better and I plan on being an active participant! Everything is cleaned up...not a trace of Christmas left at this house! (Well, don't look out in the garage...Patrick still has to put the trees up in the attic!) Ahhhhh...I love to decorate for Christmas, but I also love to have all the extras out of my house!

(Side note...so thankful that this blog auto saves as I just recovered from what my computer guru hubby calls the "blue screen of death"!)

We have some news regarding our possible....wait....probable....wait....unless God changes His mind adoption! "T" tried to call me yesterday! UGH! Again...I had been up half the night praying for her and the baby. I did not know that she had been given our number...that is a good thing...it means she is calling her family in Texas and checking in. I am praying that she call again, and I know in God's timing she will. She is still here in Oklahoma. One problem is money...she doesn't have any, so calling is a problem. I realized yesterday morning that we have a toll free number! (For our adoption website thingy!) "A"...our contact...is going to get this info to her family. That way she will not have to worry about money for a pay phone. I just cannot imagine the hold drugs have on people that they would choose to live this way.

So...that was God's encouragement for me yesterday. Today, as I was reading my Bible, this is what He said:

"Ask the Lord for rain in the spring, and he will give it. It is the Lord who makes storm clouds that drop showers of rain so that every field becomes a lush pasture." Zechariah 10:1

I am asking for rain and believing He will give it.

"He is the one who keeps every promise forever, who gives justice to the oppressed and food to the hungry." Psalm 146:6-7

"The Lord protects and preserves the strangers and temporary residents, He upholds the fatherless and the widow and sets them upright, but the way of the wicked He makes crooked (turns upside down and brings to ruin)." Psalm 146:9

Because of the way I had been praying, I took this verse very personally and literally. "T" is the temporary resident (of Oklahoma), our baby is the fatherless, and "T" drugs/whatever she is running from is the wicked. God is SO in control of this!

Please continue to pray for "T"s safety and protection and also for the health of our baby. Patrick is off work this next week...would be the "perfect" time to bring a new baby home! (As a reminder, baby is due in 4 weeks!)

Well, I was going to add some of our Christmas pics, but they have somehow disappeared from my camera! UGH! Patrick is trying to do his "techy" magic for me...praying it works...I will be sick if they are all gone! Okay...it will be fine...breathe.

They were really cute...just so you know!




3 comments:

Al's World said...

I am glad you had joy, I am glad you were able to find happiness in your children's delights, that is wonderful. I thought and prayed for often. Esp, when I would think and miss my mom. I had joy as well, isn't God good!

Merry Christmas!

Molly said...

You amaze me!

Thanks for sharing your baby updates, I was wondering what was developing there. We'll keep you in our prayers as always!

Kristy said...

I really wanted to go back to your post on the new names for your children, I read that post but didn't have time to leave a comment and have been thinking about it evey since I just wanted to say I Loved the names you had picked out how Beautiful I love when names have a meaning and I think they are gorgeous names! How amazing to be getting ready to finalize thier adoptions and the baby God has planned for you on the way! I'm so jealous but in a good way. No I don't think I will have anymore kids or adopt see the word "think" But your story just amazes me I can see the Love you have for children through your words and WoW How God Honors that in his word. I really feel the Holy Spirit has spoke to me and you will have your new baby soon. To some people that may sound crazy, being that I only know you by reading your blog but I feel strongly about this and cannot wait t o hear the news I check daily, I continue to pray for you and your family and the birth mother of your future child.