Friday, February 26, 2010

He promised me...

Five years ago I asked God to give me more children. A girl. A tiny baby girl. God promised me through many scriptures that He would give me the desires of my heart...eventually.

Emma means "complete" and Claire means "with clarity". I felt then and now that God was telling us that when we received Emma Claire, our foster care/adoption/whatever journey would be over. Our family would be completed with this baby girl.


On July 31st, we believed that our Emma had been born. We would be taking her home forever. God had other plans.


But the promise had not changed.


Fast forward to February 3. I got the call from Raychel, Emma's cousin, asking if we would adopt Emma and could she still be a part of Emma's life. Ummm...it took me about 2 seconds to answer: YES!!!!


Fast forward to today. Court. Here is the prayer I wrote in my prayer journal on 2/5:
"My prayer for Emma's adoption is that it will just happen - no red tape - no hoops - she will be handed over to us and DHS will be the one to make it happen."


And the verse I received that same day?
"Don't be afraid. Just stand where you are and watch the Lord rescue you. The Egyptians (DHS) that you see today will never be seen again. The Lord himself will fight for you! You won't have to lift a finger in your defense." Ex. 14:13-14


And that is exactly what happened in court today. Every player showed up. I took pictures of Emma as we were waiting for our name to be called. We were second on the docket! We all walked up and the worker started with her update. (Normal.)

And then Raychel spoke. And cried. And she said, "I want Tracy to have Emma because she was theirs first and they love her like I do. I will get to see her still and I know this is the best thing for Emma."


And with no other explanation, everyone agreed. PRAISE THE LORD! Our next court date is May 28 and the court is expecting that we can finalize at that time, if not before.


We did not bring Emma home today. I will try to explain it, but please understand that most of DHS doesn't make sense, even to them.


We are an adoptive couple. Emma is an adoptive placement. Our file and hers have to be sent to a "staffing" which is basically where they throw all the files out, mix them up, pull one from the adoptive couple pile and one from the adoptive child pile and stick them together to live happily ever after.


Okay...not exactly like that, but close. Basically, they will say "We have Emma. We want the Phillips to adopt her. K???" But until the staffing takes place, we can't accept placement of her. She will come to us as an adoptive placement, not kinship or foster, which is another praise. We did NOT want to have to deal with Cleveland county ever again.


The only catch with this is that they only have adoptive staffings ONCE a MONTH! So, we have to wait until the March staffing.

After court, Raychel spoke with the worker and was told that she had already spoken with her supervisor and they are going to have Emma in our home by the end of March. This was yet ANOTHER confirmation that this is really happening.


I will be calling my adoption worker on Monday to let her know what is going on and try to find out when they do their staffings.


I am full of awe tonight. I knew that I knew that I knew God had promised this baby. To God be the glory, great things He has done.

Please keep Raychel in your prayers as this is very hard on her. Maybe I should wait to tell her that her visits with Emma will now include the rest of the kids...it's a package deal!



Oh...and to be clear...I did not have to lift a finger in my defense. Amazing!















6 comments:

Sharon said...

Incredible! When God does something, He sure does it BIG! I love the God that we serve and the wonders that He still performs!

Again, I'm so thrilled for you, your family, and your girl!

J said...

Your family is truly blessed and God is shining down on you all along with your beautiful angel-I'm so sorry for your loss. Ifeel blessed to have found your blog...I'm so glad you commented.

I'm using my phone...I will read your blog in better detail when I get home tonight.

Kristy said...

So cute and so tiny she looks like she is going to be petite! Can't wait to hold her!

KT said...

Can't wait for the day soon where Emma Claire is home!

Sara said...

Yeah, so glad I can read your post now at my in laws. She is absolutely precious Tracy... so thrilled for you guys. I will continue to be praying for you all!
SAra

Unknown said...

Isn't she just the most PRECIOUS THING EVER? PTL for her homecoming soon! That is so awesome! GOD IS GOOD!