Friday, October 10, 2008

Baby Heaven!

For the past couple of days, we have been keeping my friend's 2 week old baby GIRL! I am having SO much fun! She is maybe 6 lbs now...so tiny. She is a meth baby. They are different than cocaine babies, but still a little scary. It is amazing how these babies start to heal within hours of having someone hold and care for them. My friend had a kidney stone removed and is in a great deal of pain, so I figured since I sort of got her into this foster care mess, I should make the "sacrifice" and help her out a little! And the best part is, we give her back at night, so I still get to sleep!

I got a little present in the mail today. Jacob's birth certificate with our names on it. I remember walking out of the courtroom on adoption day and mentioning to my friend, Kellye, that it didn't quite seem real yet, or something like that, and she said, "Wait until you get his birth certificate...that's when it will be real." She was right. I opened the envelope from our attorney wondering what it could be, and there is was: JACOB LEVI PHILLIPS. Fabulous. I smiled. And Kellye was right. It was real. Now if we could only get his death certificate!

The Teen group met on Wednesday and it went great! There were 25 teens there and I am very excited to get into the book a little further. Homeschool kids are funny. As they would answer a question or make a comment, I kept thinking to myself, "You sound just like your mother!" These kids have so much potential, I can't wait to see it all unfold.

Another friend of mine sent me an email yesterday. She is the sweetest friend and I love her kids. Her daughter, Ryley, has had many medical issues over the years, but that child is a true minister of the gospel. Ryley has CP and would get beat up at school because she was "different". I guess she was about a 3rd grader when they joined our homeschool group. Ryley was so defensive. She didn't want anyone to touch her...especially her long, thick, braid. Well, I couldn't help myself. She would tell me, "Miss Tracy, only you and Jesus can touch my hair." I love her and she loves me. Now, 5-6 years later, Ryley is a completely different child. She is our little welcoming committee always giving us hugs. I love this kid. At Jacob's funeral, she hugged me and said, "I love you, Tracy, you a good mama."

So, here is what the email said, "I wanted to tell you about a dream I had about Jacob . It was Wednesday morning around 4. I saw Jacob sitting in Jesus's lap. I heard Jesus say..."I cuddle him as much as he wants to." I felt like I was supposed to tell you this . I know you know that Jesus is taking care of him, I just wanted to tell you because it brought so much peace to my heart..seeing Jacob still being loved on." WOW! I just cried and thought that is probably exactly what is happening because Jacob loved to cuddle. It also made me think that Jesus wants each of us to "cuddle" in His lap. If we would only allow Him this gift.

My Bible study has been a little dry lately. I desperately need a word from God and told Him as much. (Jeremiah is just pretty gloomy...) So, here are my verses for today:

"Why then does my suffering continue? Why is my wound so incurable? Your help seems as uncertain as a seasonal brook, like a spring that has gone dry.” This is how the Lord responds:
“If you return to me, I will restore you so you can continue to serve me. If you speak good words rather than worthless ones, you will be my spokesman. You must influence them; do not let them influence you! They will fight against you like an attacking army, but I will make you as secure as a fortified wall of bronze. They will not conquer you, for I am with you to protect and rescue you. I, the Lord, have spoken! Yes, I will certainly keep you safe from these wicked men. I will rescue you from their cruel hands.” Jeremiah 15:18-21


So, I am returning to the Lord...I will speak good words...I will be an influence...I will be as secure as a wall of bronze and I will be rescued from their cruel hands. (DHS maybe???)

Have a blessed weekend!

2 comments:

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

So glad you have the birth certificate now, and that it made you happy.

Molly said...

Wow, you are such an inspiration to me. I am sitting here bawling just wondering what it feels like to be in your shoes and wanting to see my sweet baby in Jesus' arms. To hear you got the birth certificate is incredible. Please know that I am praying for you and for your sweet family. You are obviously an incredible woman of God and I wish I knew you better! God bless you!